Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Bucket List Item 1




I took my first ever helicopter ride.  The biggest thrill of all came from the fact that my son David was my pilot.  He took us over to the practice area of the Orlando Executive airport and showed me several types of approaches to landing, several different take-off techniques (helicopter pilots need different take-off and landing techniques for different situations such as available area and or wind conditions) and hover taxiing.  Following that impressive demonstration he flew us out over downtown Orlando and further west for some sight seeing.



As a professional airplane pilot I was both personally helpless and impressed with David's competence with his aerial machine.  His use of checklists and confident execution of procedures told me that he has benefited from very good instruction and that he has applied himself to mastering his chosen craft.  Hats off to David and HQ Aviation Services. http://hqaviationllc.com/




2 comments: